Square feet and acre are units of measurement for land. They are converted interchangeably, and the conversion is very simple. You can convert 1 Acre to square feet by multiplying an acre with 43,560. If you want to make larger conversions, you should use the acre in square feet online calculator.
Also check: hurawatch
Acre and Square Feet
An acre is a measurement unit of land, which is equal to 4,047 meter squares. An acre can also be expressed by the area covered by 1 furlong by 1 chain, where 1 furlong is equal to approximately 660 feet, and 1 chain is equal to 66 feet. Commonly denoted as ‘ac,’ an acre is an imperial measurement unit.
Square feet, commonly denoted as sq. ft., can be expressed as the area of square which measures 1 foot on all sides. Approximately 144 square inches measure a square foot. The plural is square feet, and it is a common measurement unit for flats, plots etc.
Acre to Square Feet Conversion
You can use an online acre to square feet converter to convert easily. 1 acre is equal to 43,560 square feet. So 20 acres can be calculated as:
20 acre = 20 x 43, 560 = 8, 71, 200 sq. ft.
You can also calculate the reverse, i.e., from square feet to acre, by dividing the number by 43,560. So 5, 22, 720 square feet in acres will be:
5, 22, 720 sq. ft. = 5, 22, 720 sq. ft. / 43, 560 = 12 acres.
The following table will help you understand the conversion:
|1 acre||43560 sqft|
|2 acre||87120 sqft|
|5 acre||217800 sqft|
|10 acre||435600 sqft|
|15 acre||653400 sqft|
|20 acre||871200 sqft|
|25 acre||1089000 sqft|
|50 acre||2178000 sqft|
|75 acre||3267000 sqft|
|100 acre||4356000 sqft|
Using an online calculator for conversion is simple. Once you enter the number and unit you want to convert, the calculator gives you quick results.
Interesting Facts About an Acre
It is a commonly used measurement unit of land in many countries, like the United States of America, Canada, India, Ghana, etc. Some interesting facts about Acre are:
- It is the oldest unit of land measurement.
- One acre is roughly equal to 16 tennis courts.
- When 150 cars are parked in a square area, it counts to 1 acre.
- Acre has been a measurement unit since the middle ages. It was estimated to be the land that 18 oxen could till in a day.
- 1 acre was estimated to be 4840 square yards during the reign of Queen Victoria.
- An acre is equal to 160 perches. 1 perch is estimated to be equal to a square rod (1 square rod = 0.00625 acres)
- You can fit 18 homes (of 2400 sq.ft) in one acre of land.
Interesting Facts About Square Feet
- A square foot is equal to 1130 square inches.
- One-ninth of a square yard make a square foot.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How are square feet used in real estate?
In real estate, square feet are used for measuring carpet area, built-up area and super built-up area.
- How can I use the online calculator for conversion?
Using the online calculator is simple. You need to follow the following steps:
- In the input box, enter the value you want to convert.
- Select the unit in which you want to convert.
- Click on the ‘convert’ button.
- What is the difference between an acre and square feet?
In India, the difference between the two is in its use. Acre is most frequently used in measuring agricultural lands, but square feet is commonly used for measuring residential or commercial plots (apartments, office spaces etc.)
Converting values from acre to square feet is easy. This conversion is used to measure land area during the evaluation stage of the loan approval process. So, if you are planning to buy a home, we recommend familiarizing yourself with these concepts.
Additional Read: Top Five Mistakes to Avoid While Availing of Housing Loan in India