The world of work and communication is changing rapidly. As educators, we need to prepare our Noida school students with the 21st-century skills they need to thrive in today’s digitized and globalized society.
Finding the right Noida school for your child can be a minefield, often it is a difficult enough decision deciding which schools to put on your application form. An understanding of the equal preference system is crucial when making this decision, especially when your preferred secondary school is over-subscribed.
Students who join secondary schools are looking for an outstanding international education. Global Indian International School (GIIS) qualifications offer the opportunity for them to move very easily from their education in one part of the world to another. GIIS qualifications are an integral part of the school’s strong record of academic achievement and success, providing their students with internationally recognized, highly transferable qualifications that are accepted by schools and higher educational institutions across the globe.
Secondary school curriculum
The secondary school curriculum is a skills-focused programme that provides students with a broad and balanced knowledge of key subjects, as well as effective critical thinking and communication skills that equip them for further academic studies.
More than ever, the secondary school curriculum requires greater flexibility and adaptability so that young people learn the relevant knowledge and key skills they need for the evolving world of training and employment. GIIS’ practical approach to education makes a compelling argument for a secondary school curriculum that addresses the needs and aspirations of all students.
A balanced approach will help reform students’ attitudes and behaviors and re-ignite their curiosity and motivation for learning. The secondary school curriculum at GIIS proposes an ambitious CBSE journey inclusive of academic, creative, and technical subjects, and mandatory key skills to prepare them for the demands of the university in the following subjects:
- Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
- Physical Education
- Computer Science
These essential subjects will develop students’ critical thinking and analytical skills and their ability to communicate ideas effectively. because Students would go on to develop certain key skills that will allow them to be successful across all subjects and will assist them with future challenges at university and the workplace.
In addition, students at GIIS get to learn the most important 21st-century skills that include:
- Critical Thinking – So that they remain open-minded, evaluate situations and think outside the box when approaching tasks.
- Communication – Students get to express their opinions on a range of subjects, make themselves understood to others, and work well in groups. Because This enables them to communicate more clearly and confidently and also excel outside of the class when it comes to studying, working, or traveling.
- Collaboration – This skill links nicely with communication as good collaborators work effectively with others to achieve a common goal. Learning how to take turns, respecting other people’s opinions, and being a good team player is vital for the success of students.
- Creativity – Similar to critical thinking, students are encouraged to think of new and innovative ways to solve problems as well as help them in their other subjects. Because This will benefit them when entering higher education or the workplace.
- Cultural Awareness – Students get to understand differences between themselves and people who have different cultures or traditions. This will help them find common ground with anyone they meet, whether it’s at school or later when they are studying, working, or travelling.
The education landscape is changing fast. The rapid pivot to teaching and learning brought about by the global pandemic has imposed new demands on teachers, students, and education systems. To ensure your child is best placed to face the challenges to come, because you need a good Noida school you can trust and GIIS can provide that trust.